Friday, July 27, 2012

 From the day I met Jonathon he has always said that he is going to have a pool in his back yard. Well the first house we lived in had no back yard at all. So there was never talk about getting a pool. But ever since we have moved in to this house about every May Jonathon has had different pool companies come over and give him a bid and talk about the different pools. He has never really jumped on the idea until this year. I must say that I have dragged my feet about having a pool the whole time. When May hit again Jonathon had a pool company come over and give him a bid. Little did I know he was serious. He thought it about it for a little while and then said I'm going to get a pool. I was like ok honey. Still dragging my feet thinking it wouldn't happen. Then one day this big thing showed up in our back yard and I knew it was the real deal.




 Here is the pool. It if fiber glass. They brought it in on a semi truck.

 Then they used a crane to lift it up over our back wall.




 This was very cool to see. The kids and I really enjoyed watching it.


 The cement guy got in the pool to make the cement look really nice. I couldn't believe they did this so I had to take a picture.

 It was an extremely long process. We couldn't wait any longer so we swam in the dirty water. We figured couldn't be any worse than swimming in a lake.
 Nellie's first swim.


 The rest of us joined her and loved every second. When Jonathon and I got in we both looked at each other and at pretty much the same time said this is so worth every penny.




 They came and cleaned the pool. Put fresh water in for us. We planted some plants.

 And here is the finished product. We love it. It also is completely fenced in. Which I love. It nice to be able to send the kids outside and not have to worry about them getting in the pool. We pretty much live in our pool now.
 While they were putting the pool in the kids loved to look out the window and watch the workers.



 Mr. Bear even wanted to see the progress.

Nellie relaxing. Love it.

6 comments:

Jess Mangum said...

that is fabulous!!! and you still have quite the backyard left!!! so exciting! congrats to you guys!!

Unknown said...

How fun! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

looks like we better come for a longer stay :) --Jana

Brittany said...

Looks great Amanda! Judging from the look on the kids faces (and Jon's) it looks like they LOVE it!

The Cumming Fam said...

Amanda it looks so great finished! I love the plants you put around it. Now once our lives settle down some we will have to come swimming with you.

Ashley Jackson said...

Wow how exciting! I would be just like you and drag my feet about it. But it looks real nice and looks like everyone is enjoying it!:)