Monday, June 13, 2011

 Jonathon and I went on a vacation. We started out by going to Six Flags in New Jersey. Here we are waiting for the train.

 Six Flags. I haven't ridden a roller coaster in five years so I was way excited.
 At Six Flags they have a Wild Animal Park so we took a tour of it.

 This Giraffe came right up to the bus window. 
 They use old roller coaster parts for the monkey's to climb on.
 On the Ferris wheel.
 Meeting Buggs Bunny and Daffy Duck.
 Batman and Robin.
 Leaving the park at the end of the day. The park was about an hour from where we stayed so we had to take a bus. Well on the way home we were riding along and all of the sudden our bus driver pulls over and says " Does any one know how to get to Penn Station?" No one answers. So she says "Hello does any one know how to get to Penn Station?" Still no answer. So she gets on the phone. A few minutes later someone from New Jersey Transit is there and we follow them the rest of the way to Penn Station. Fun times.
 The next day we left on a cruise to Bermuda.
 Sailing away.
 Playing Ping Pong.

 I bet you didn't know but Jonathon's a model.


 After he was done modeling he deiced to jump over board.
 Don't worry I saved him.
 We made it to beautiful Bermuda.

 We went to St. George while we were there.
 Here's the cruise ship we went on.

 Fancy Police car.
 Jonathon  modeling again.
 Laying out for 20 minutes before the sun went down.

 Cool things on the ship.
 Ok here's the real ship we went on.
 We went to an aquarium.


 And a zoo.
 This is an under ground Crystal Cave.


 They have pink buses.
 Funny thing. Jonathon does not eat much fruit or vegetables. Some how I talked him into trying some cantaloupe.


 Still not a fan of it.
 So then I said try some fresh pineapple.





 That was a no go as well. At least he tried it.
 Look how happy he is with his cookies. Don't worry they are healthy they had oatmeal and raisins in them.
 On the way home it was cold and windy. I was sick of my hair blowing all over the place so I did this.
 Doing some shopping on the ship.

 Watching the crew sail the ship to the dock.
We had quite the adventure on the way home. First when we got off the ship we took a shuttle to the airport. While on our way to the airport there was a Semi truck's trailer turned on it's side in the middle of the freeway so we had to back up the freeway and go a different route. After finally making it to the airport we get check in for a flight and then hear over the speaker that all the flights to Chicago and from Chicago have been delayed because of thunderstorms. We had a layover in Chicago. They didn't know when we would be leaving. So I said to Jonathon go work your magic because we are getting home tonight. So he went and talked to someone and they got us on a non stop flight to Vegas and it would get us home earlier than our other flight if it left on time. So we took it. I was so excited to get home early. Well to good to be true. We boarded the plane got out to the run way and sat and sat and sat. The Captain gets on the speaker and says there is a little delay due to weather but we should be taking off in about 15 minutes. Well 15 minutes later he gets on the speaker again and says there is a mechanical problem and we will have to go back to the gate. The whole time we are sitting there in 100 degree weather very humid no AC and no water. After about 30 minutes we go back to the gate and sit on the hot muggy plane while they fix the problem. They finally brought us some water. So after 2 hours we finally made it off the ground and on our way to Vegas. We got home way late but I was just so happy to be home I didn't care at that point. We had so much fun. I'm glad we got to go. Hence the really exhausted picture of Jonathon. It was a long day.

7 comments:

John and Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. One of these days we need to plan a vacation for all of us so we can all have some fun together.

Em said...

FUN!! You look SOOO good... What are you doing? I am so jealous of your fun trip wish it were me minus the flight home that stinks.

Brant and Jana said...

So fun love the caves!

Brittany said...

Love the pics of Jon "trying" the fruit-classic!

The Allen Family said...

You are looking so great these days! How fun.

Anonymous said...

Holy hot mama! you look soooo good! looks like fun... I need a vacation like that!

Chelsea said...

So fun!! And I love all your jokes and commentary. Sooo you!!!