Wednesday, August 29, 2012

 On Saturday I ran a 5k. It was a Run for Reggie.  This is me right before the race.
 Here I am crossing the finish line.
Two of my good friends from hair school. The one in the middle is Josie. 2 years ago she lost her baby at 35 weeks. She named her Reggie. So a year after that happened she started this Run for Reggie. She raises money and then donates it. Last year she donated it to the NICU. This year she donated the money to our friend Nicole on the left. Nicole recently had her baby almost 4 months early. After 6 weeks in the NICU he passes away. It's so sad that these ladies had to experience this. I think its great that Josie does this race every year. I plan on staying in staying in shape and running it every year. It was so good to see these ladies. It has been way to long.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Way to go Amanda! Maybe I'll get into to running and go next year to support Josie!